Thursday, August 31, 2006

Now, at least it will be a vote of the constituents of HD #33.

STATEMENT OF SOLOMON P. ORTIZ, JR.
DEMOCRATIC NOMINEE FOR STATE REPRESENTATIVE, DISTRICT 33


(In response to the Governor calling a special election for House
District 33)

The day I filed to run for House District 33, I did it with the
intention of providing the constituents representation in their best
interest. It is within the Governor's authority to call for a
special election in this race and look at his decision as a benefit
rather than a hindrance for the constituents of the district. Just
as I have every intention of running a victorious campaign to seek
the office for the next full term, I now find myself putting no less
energy in accomplishing my goal of taking office before the end of
the year.

With the opportunity to take office nearly two months before the 80th
Legislative Session, I will have resources at my disposal to plan for
a successful first session. Additionally, I will have the advantage
of building seniority over so many new representatives likely to take
office in January. Legislation is not drafted over night and I plan
those two months to have the same advantage that all other incumbents
have on the first day of session.

I am proud to have received the endorsements of so many respected individuals and organizations throughout the State and the community. The support that is responsible for having placed me on the general election ballot, is also responsible for making my candidacy for the special election such a worthwhile cause. -End


Solly,
Please respond?


JK: Let me see if I can discern?

Does this mean we can have two winners?

One for the special election and one for the general election?

Does the two loophole candidates have to pay another filing fee or submit petition to file for the special election?

This should have been done in the first place!

Next time somebody resigns, we need to force the governor to call for a special election and leave the chair massage out of the equation.

Posted by Jaime Kenedeño to Texas State Representative House District 33 at 8/31/2006 01:00:00 AM

dannoynted1 said...

is he (Danny) going to be on the ticket for just the next 2 months or is he eligible for the race decided by the precinct chairs?


http://stxc.blogspot.com/2006/08/its-official-noyolas-ego-wins.html


JK: Does that mean Solly and Joe Mac have to pay two filing fees?

Now, at least it will be a vote of the constituents of HD #33.

So all of the chair massages and the loophole process was to teach us one thing.

The next time somebody resigns we call the Governor and remind him, "It is within Gov. Perry's authority to call a special election," and make it a point from now on.

Practice Due Diligence.

No comments: